Printing to a local printer using Windows Remote Desktop
To configure Remote Desktop to print to a local printer (i.e., a printer connected to your home computer):
- Open Remote Desktop
- Click on the "Start" button
- Click on "Programs"
- Click on "Accessories"
- Click on "Communications"
- Click on "Remote Desktop Connection"
- In the Remote Desktop Connection window, enter the name of the computer you wish to connect to and click on the "Options" button
- Click on the "Local Resources" tab
- In the "local devices and resources" box, check "Printers" and "Clipboard"
- Click the "Connect" button