New calendar features for Zimbra 6.0
The following are new calendar features for 6.0 Advanced Zimbra Web Client
- New List view in Calendar.
- Fish-eye Calendar View is now available from the Calendar month view. When you click on a date in the month view, the focus changes to that day so you can see a detailed view of the day.
- You can configure your Calendar Permissions to specify a list of people who are the only ones you want to receive invites from.
- You can configure whether new appointments are added to your calendar automatically before you reply to the invite or added only when you select Accept or Tentative.
- You can set the default Public/Private status for all appointments on your Calendar. If you set the default to Private, all incoming calendar invites are marked as private on your calendar. If your default is Public and you receive an invite that is marked private by the organizer, the appointment is marked as private on your calendar.
- When you delete a series of recurring meetings, you can select whether to cancel the entire series, removing all reference to the meetings from your calendar or cancel only the selected instance and every meeting after, leaving past meetings on your calendar.
- An option on the Appointment Details page, lets you disable Sharing. The Sharing folder lets you manage all your shared folders from one place. Users see a list of folders shared with them and folders they share with others and they can revoke, edit and share folders all from Sharing.
- Send Notification Mail so that attendees do not receive an email update about changes you make to the meeting details, such as adding meeting notes the changing a resource.
- You can edit a meeting that you are invited to including changing the time that you will attend to adding notes. This information is not sent to the other attendees.
- iCal calendars are updated periodically according to the remote calendar polling interval set by the system administrator.
- You can choose to view your mailbox in a three-pane vertical view, with the Reading Pane on the right. This view option is enabled from the View link on the mail toolbar.
- Up and down arrows can be used while navigating to/from new tasks lists.
- The entire task list can be printed
- Sort tasks by status.
- You can sync tasks from an iCal remote service. When you create a new task, check Synchronize tasks from the remote service and add the URL.
- Improvements were made to printing messages, address book tasks, and calendars. For email messages a Font size link on the message to be printed lets you increase or decrease the size of the text before you print.
- When you make changes to a document in a Notebook, you can send a notification email to users that share your Notebook.
- More keyboard shortcut are available and you can print out a list of shortcuts keys. Entering Ctrl + Q pops up a list of shortcuts that are available including your customer shortcuts. Click any key to close the page.