How do I sync my Google Apps Email to my Blackberry
To set up the BlackBerry's email client with Google Apps email (IMAP), just follow these steps:
In Google Webmail
- Login to your Google Apps account using the webmail address (i.e. http://mail.google.com/a/yourdomainname)
- Click on the settings icon in the top right and then click on email settings
- Click on the POP/IMAP tab
- Make sure IMAP is enabled.
- Click OK
On the Blackberry
- On your BlackBerry device, navigate to your home screen
- Select the icon that lets you set up email (this can be called Setup, Setup Wizard, Email Setup, BlackBerry Set-up, E-mail settings, or Personal Email Set-up)
- Follow the setup instructions provided on your device to create a new e-mail account
- Be sure to enter the following:
- Mail Server: imap.gmail.com
- Username: [your full Google Apps email address]
- Password: [your Google Apps password]
- IMAP Port: 993
- Allow the system to add your account, but do not enter your Google Apps password into the utility boxes (this causes the system to default to POP3 instead of IMAP)
- Select Next
- Select Next again (bypassing the 'Additional Information Required' section)
- Select your account type, then select Next
You may encounter a 'We were unable to configure...' error. Select I will provide the settings to continue
- Select the option that mentions 'IMAP/POP'
- Select I will provide the settings..., then select Next
- Select Set up existing email account...
- Enter your Google Apps account information here, with 'imap.gmail.com' as your mail server
- Select Next
- Select Save
- If setup is successful, you should receive a confirmation message and a new mailbox icon should appear on your device's home screen, labeled with your Google Apps email address.
- If you encounter a problem during setup, please make sure you have enabled IMAP in your main Google Apps Mail settings.