Copy or Move files into the Shared Folder
- Double-click on the Home icon on your desktop.
- You are now looking at the files in your Home folder.
- Find the folder or file that you want to copy to the Shared folder
- Right-click on the folder or file and choose Copy
- You will see a confirmation in the lower-left corner that your selection was copied to the clipboard.
- Close the file manager window by clicking the X in the upper-right corner.
- Double-click on the SharedFiles icon on your desktop.
- You are now looking at the files in the Shared folder.
- Navigate to where you want to place your files.
- Right-click in the white space and choose Paste
- Your files have now been copied to the Shared folder.
- You should double-check the permissions to make sure that other people who have access to the Shared folder can access these files.
- Right-click on the folder or file you just pasted and choose Properties.
- Make sure Group: is set to shared
- Make sure Folder access: is set to Create and delete files
- Make sure File access: is set to Read and write
- Click on the Apply Permissions to Enclosed Files button
- Click the Close button