Change your Windows Password
To change your Windows Password:
- Press Ctrl+Alt+Del
- Select Change Password from the options in the Windows Security window
- Type your old password and new password into the appropriate boxes.
- NOTE: Password must meet complexity requirements:
- 1) Passwords cannot contain the user's account name or parts of the user's full name that exceed two consecutive characters.
- 2) Passwords must be at least six characters in length.
- 3) Passwords must contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- a) English uppercase characters (A through Z).
- b) English lowercase characters (a through z).
- c) Base 10 digits (0 through 9).
- d) Non-alphabetic characters (for example, !, $, #, %).
- In Windows 2003, click OK
- In Windows 2008, click on the blue button with the white arrow.